bpa;400896 Wrote:
> Is you audio based on SigmaTel ?  If so then the following may help
> http://www.ekhoury.com/2006/08/25/sigmatel-stereo-mix-support-for-dells/
>
> I can't answer about a 2nd soundcard as I think it depends on the
> supplied drivers.

My sound card was a SoundMAX device from ADI.  Reading around the
subject via Google it seemed like all full duplex sound cards have the
Stereo Mix function but that it is deliberately disabled in some driver
installations.

So I did a search of the .inf installation files looking for SoundMAX
as a text string in the file and found it in "oem31.inf".  This was the
installation .inf for the sound card.  Searched in the file for "Stereo"
and found a setting which specifically disabled Stereo Mix! The setting
was strangely called "OutR".  Setting it to 1 seemed to disable Stereo
Mix, setting it to 0 enabled it.

Opened Regedit, searched for "OutR", set it to 0, rebooted and Bingo!
stereo mix is enabled in the recording controls. :-)

So that is stage one sorted.

--
TheLastMan

Matt

SB Duet, Synology Diskstation 107+ with FW 2.0-0600
SqueezeCenter 7.3.1 on Synology Package Manager
Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers.
LPs ripped using Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap, M-Audio 2496.