I am occasionally asked by friends and family if the sound from a web
page (such as youtube or iPlayer) that we are listening to on my laptop
can be heard over the hi-fi via the SqueezeBox.  I have said "no" so
far, but reading this thread gives me hope that it might be possible.

Is there a (straightforward) way of sending the output from the
soundcard on an XP laptop to the WaveInput plugin on SC 7.3.1 on my
NAS?  The laptop is connected wirelessly and is in the same network as
all my squeezebox kit.

I read earlier in this thread some posts by someone doing this with a
linux box, but it was all gobbledigook to me.  So a simple, or step by
step, idiots guide (me being an idiot) would be greatly appreciated!

--
TheLastMan

Matt

SB Duet, Synology Diskstation 107+ with FW 2.0-0600
SqueezeCenter 7.3.1 on Synology Package Manager
Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers.
LPs ripped using Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap, M-Audio 2496.