Dear Erland,
I finally downloaded 2.6/2.8, hoping to try out the numeric tag sorting
feature (you may recall I have a custom tag called "POSITION" for UK
Chart position (1-40) at track level. 5,000 of my 30,000 tracks have
such a tag.
The install seems to have gone OK so I set the "POSITION" tag as
numeric sorting in the custome browse settings menu and rescanned.

The "Tags" menu still gives me the "UK Chart Position" entry and the
custom tags are scanned correctly but the resulting Custom Browse menu
page is still in alpha-string order (1,10,11 etc).

Clearly I am stupid :)
Any idea how to debug/progress?
many thanks
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom