Using SC 7.4-25680 and CustomScan 2.6, I observe what I think
unneccessary activity by CustomScan that seems to "waste" 54 minutes
after each SC rescan on my system here.

Yesterday, I did a complete "clear & rescan" in SC and could nail it
down a bit. Here’s what SC and CS do:

COMPLETE CLEAR & RESCAN ON 2009-03-24:

- 15:05 SC clear & rescan start
- 18:57 SC rescan finished
- 18:59 CS Syncing CS data start *
- 19:18 CS Syncing finished *
- 19:19 CS creating new database *
- 19:53 CS creating new database AGAIN
- 20:51 CS apparently finished but 100% CPU & mySQL activity starts,
  blocks SC completely (incl. playback)
- 21:09 CS really finished, SC responsive again

The whole rescan process took 6:04 hrs, 3:54 hrs for SC + 2:10 hrs for
CS. I think CS could save at least 54 minutes by omitting the steps
marked *, thus reducing CS time to 1:16 hrs and overall time to 5:10
hrs!

CS seems to unnecessarily do a resync after SC’s rescan has finished,
and -twice- creates a new database (at least that’s what the log
says).

-SERVER.LOG- EXCERPT:
-(attached, due to post size limits)-

MYSQL \"LONG QUERIES\" LOG EXCERPT:
-(attached, due to post size limits)-

This behaviour is also seen when only doing a "scan for new/changed
music".

Can anyone please confirm this?
Erland, any great ideas on how to speed this up?

|Filename: mysql.log.txt                                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7174|

Moonbase

Moonbase: 'The Problem Solver' (http://www.kaufen-ist-toll.de/moonbase)