ModelCitizen;410317 Wrote:
> How did you discover it was a DRM issue? Did WMP give you any sort of
> informative error message/code?
>
> Re-installed Vista??! Now that is drastic.
>
> BTW. The BBC radio live asx streams won't play on my brand spanking new
> (XP Pro) machine but do on my much much older (XP Pro again) laptop.
>
> I think it may be up to the BBC to sort this out. The problem only
> seems pertinent to their streams. I've not found any other asx streams
> that won't run on my main PC. If I could, it'd proably help solve the
> problem.
>
> MC

MC - When trying to play R4 link in WMP11 I followed the web help pop
up which gave an error code and pointed me via Google to a DRM licence
problem.
I'm not sure if this might have been a red herring as I have since
managed to play the file intermittently in WMP since reinstalling Vista
(Yes drastic I know but my PC was due a refresh and it is now runs
rather sweet)

The live R4 has managed to play on SB3 once or twice so I have no idea
what is going on. My wife is about to kill me for spending so much time
behind the computer so I've reverted back to Alien BBC until someone
else can help.

Triode - Have you managed to have a look further into this problem ?

Thanks all.

--
stomans