>Care to share with us your opinion of Britain's National Health system?

Better than some countries, but not many ;-)  It's getting worse all the time,
as the population ages.  But I think it's worse because we keep letting in
migrants who come for the freebies.  So the system is stretched.

>My whole family has been in an uproar this past week when it was
>looking like my mother had inadvertently canceled their private health
>insurance just at the moment when my father had a stroke.

I'm sorry to hear that :-(  Hope everything works out okay for your family in
the end.