Softsqueeze 3.9b1 is a beta of a maintenance release for Softsqueeze -
please test and provide feedback.  As Softsqueeze is no longer actively
maintained by SD staff I have fixed some bugs particularly those which
affected playing when used with SqueezeCenter 7.3 and higher.  If beta
proves to be OK - it will be moved to sourceforge.

Main bugs fixed
* Non-MP3 streams not being played or require play/pause/play to
start.
* Two files/streams playing simultaneously at start.
* Some Podcasts (e.g. BBC) not playing
* Sounds & Effects loop.

If beta is OK then I think these bug reports (some are dups) that could
marked as closed : 10838, 10758, 8515, 8138, 7725, 7711, 7297 and
possibly 3187

No new features have been implemented nor has anything been done
explicitly to improve synchronisation.

TO INSTALL
Download the ZIP file from this URL
(http://homepage.eircom.net/~altondsl/slim/SoftSqueeze39b1.zip ) and
unzip.
You can run the jar file or use the contents of the zip file to replace
the contents of your Squeezecenter's directory
server/HTML/EN/html/softsqueeze

ALTERNATIVE INSTALLATION
As an easier way to install - I have also packaged Softsqueeze 3.9b1 as
a Plugin so that it can be installed using Extension Downloader.  When
installed as a plugin it will appear as a new "Community Softsqueeze"
menu item under Extras.  Otherwise it behaves the same as the standard
Softsqueeze menu.

Add the following URL to Extension Downloader and then check the box in
Extension Downloaded to load "Softsqueeze"
http://homepage.eircom.net/~altondsl/repos/softsqrepo.xml

Please test the plugin and provide feedback as a plugin method
simplifies installation and also enable Softsqueeze updates to be
easily distributed separate from SqueezeCentre.

Do not run two Softsqueeze simultaneously (possibly only if different
versions)  - it is not pretty and upsets SC badly.  You may need to
restart SC afterwards to get stability.

--
bpa