Squeezeslave currently doesn't support skip ahead, needs some additional
handling code and the alsa version doesn't report the correct track
position after pausing mid track, could be related.  I'm currently
working on the position reporting bug, win32, osx and linux oss are
done, the alsa version uses a difference portaudio api and needs
special handling.  I've been trying to build a common strategy for all
flavours to ease maintenance going forward.

Could you hold off installing the patch until I've had a chance to look
at the advancing issue?

--
ralphy