I'm in the same boat - its working very well with my boom except for the
menu button missing. That said, the fav trick works: you can add any xm
station as a favorite by specifying the station's number with the
xmradio qualifier. For example, for station 204, NHL, I made the
following favorite entry:

xmradio://204

And in fact this actually is working better than ever - it looks like
you fixed it so that I don't have to log in first, I just go to it and
it works!  (Good thing too, since there's no option on my boom.)

Perhaps these fav's are a pain to setup one time, but after that, very
convenient, and no limitations in the number of favs you can have,
unlike presets.  I've already made a bunch in an XM subfolder and will
be listening to them all tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks again Neil!

--
jdc