I've been looking at the issue of streams stopping as discussed above
and have come up with a beta version which will hopefully address this.

It requires a small change to the server code, so you will need to be
running the latest 7.4 nightly beta release of the server.  (If not it
will now stop slightly earlier)

To install:
1) upgrade to 7.4 nightly (needs to be later than version 26338) -
available here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.4
2) go to Settings - Advanced - Extension Downloader
3) uninstall the previous plugin (allow the server to reboot)
4) add 'http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/testrepo.xml' to
the additional repositories section and click apply
5) select BBCiPlayer 0.5beta to install from the test repository and
click apply and then allow the server to restart

The new version includes some code to restart a stream if the player
becomes disconnected from the stream before it expects (e.g. due to
bbc/isp issues) and also to restart the stream at 64M which is before
the point when the streams start to corrupt.  When it restarts up may
hear a very short audio glitch assuming its is working correctly (I
can't get round this)

Please post feedback here and if positive I will release this as the
main version of the plugin.

--
Triode