Philip Meyer;420089 Wrote:
> >I'm actually enthused now about the idea of redirecting the browser to
> >SqueezeNetwork after the "2sn" actions.  Can you think of any idea why
> >this wouldn't be a good idea?
> >
> I've only half been reading this, but it seems a bit strange.
>
> Under what circumstances would this be useful?
>
> If you are using a web browser on the server that is hosting SC, then
> it doesn't matter because the machine is going to be off-line.
> If you are using a web browser remotely, you're probably not interested
> in controlling players through SN.  Is there a concept of remote stream
> players being connected to SN?
Well, this is what I'm thinking:  my assumption has been that the
SrvrPowerCtrl web UI will *mostly* be used by remote web browsers
against headless servers.  The user is using the web UI to suspend the
server and switch the player to SN.  If the plugin pushes the web
browser onto www.squeezenetwork.com, then the user can use the SN web UI
to initiate playback on the player.  Also, in the fullness of time, the
user can use the SN web UI to switch the player back to the now
suspended server.  When that happens, *I think* the player will
automatically WOL the sleeping server.  So, what you get here is
seamless control of player and playback from local server to server
sleep to sn and back to server...all through the web UI and not
requiring a remote, or controller or iPeng (sorry Pippin)...just your
laptop (or whatever) and your web browser.

Does that sound like a legitimate rationale?  Or am I thinking up a
superfluous festoon of a feature simply because I imagine that I can
program it?

--
gharris999