Hi,

Fedora 10
Squeezecenter Version: 7.3.3 - 26407 @ Tue May 5 03:07:03 PDT 2009
squeezeslave-0.8.33-2.i386
MSI Atom 330 Motherboard, Realtek ALC858 audio(40Watts total power)

Squeezeslave plays ripped CDs and high bitrate internet radio like IO
Radio at 128KBPS, OK.

SqueezeSlave, Chipmunks with National Public Radio (NPR) on WBUR 24kbps
CBR or 32kbps CBR.  The words are intelligible, but the pitch is
chipmunk.

SoftSqueeze plays NPR fine on the same machine. However I don't know
how to make SoftSqueeze "run as a service."

I want to run this box headless and control the onboard audio via
SqueezeCenter/the Web.  Except for chipmunks, squeezeslave seems great.

Thanks

--
nowork