bpa;421042 Wrote:
> I have done some basic testing headless of Softsqueeze 3.9b1 on Ubuntu
> 8.10 and no problems with MP3 or WMA both streams and files.
>
> Can you be very explicit about your system config and also provide a
> reproducible exact sequence which shows up a specific symptom.
>
> Softsqueeze is now community supported so if you don't provide good
> info on problems, they will never get fixed.

Code:
--------------------
    juke...@jukebox:~$ java -showversion
  java version "1.6.0_07"
  Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode, sharing)
--------------------

Soundcard: SiS SI7012

SC installed via squeezecenter_7.3.3~26407_all.deb

Code:
--------------------
    SqueezeCenter Status
  Version: 7.3.3 - 26407 @ Tue May 5 03:18:00 PDT 2009
  Hostname: jukebox
  Server IP Address: 192.168.1.102
  Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
  Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
  Platform Architecture: i686-linux
  Perl Version: 5.8.8 - i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
  MySQL Version: 5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4
  Total Players Recognized: 1
--------------------

squeezeslave-0.8-33-lnx26-alsa-display-i686.tar.gz extracted and run

SoftSqueeze extracted from SoftSqueeze39b1.zip and run via java
-Dslimserver=127.0.0.1 -Dskins=headless -jar SoftSqueeze.jar

Please tell me what info you want me to provide and I'll happily
provide it (any config file contents, etc). Perhaps something in
convert.conf needs to be added/changed (with regards to squeezeslave
"chipmunks" anyway)..?

Thanks

--
rjg_scotland