gharris999;425990 Wrote:
> My preference would be to keep SrvrPowerCtrl's blocking mechanism
> simple: a set block blocks all actions, period.  Setting a block ought
> to be, imho, at the discretion of any plugin's author.  Let them decide
> if they think their process is important and ought not to be
> interrupted.
>
> If a plugin author wants to set a "discretionary" block, i.e. one that
> can be easily cleared by the user, then he/she can use this syntax...

I don't think this is sufficient to please everybody.

As I understand it, LazySearch blocks SrvrPowerCtrl to prevent the
database being left in an inconsistent state if the server shuts down.
You shouldn't offer the user the option to clear the block in that case.
However, I want to be able to clear the block, because I only want to
hibernate the server, and I know that that is safe.

In the KitchenTimer example, you would indeed want to block all
actions.  It doesn't look like a one-size-fits-all solution will be
possible.

I think we must consider allowing the plugin to decide what kinds of
actions it wants to block.  A callback interface seems most natural, but
that won't work over the CLI.  I feel some bitwise "|" coming on.

--
mavit