Hello,

I just installed Softsqueeze 3.8 for Windows (w/o JRE, "Run as
Administrator").  First, I encountered an error where the setup said
"The program can't start because MSVXR71.dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem", so I
clicked OK and located my Java6 and the setup completed.

However, I tried to run Softsqueeze 3.8 for the first time and it gave
me the same error "The program can't start because MSVXR71.dll is
missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this
problem." So, I pressed OK and then it gave me another error: "The JVM
could not be started. The main method may have thrown an exception." So,
I pressed OK and it exited.

I tried to run Softsqueeze 3.8 a second time (this time "Run as
Administrator") and it led me to the error "The JVM could not be
started. The main method may have thrown an exception."

Giving up, I tried uninstalling the program through Control Panel ->
Uninstall Programs, and it gives me the SAME error "The JVM could not be
started. The main method may have thrown an exception."

Someone help, please!  I can't run it, and I can't get rid of it!

|Filename: JVM.jpg                                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7555|

kaabob