Thanks Ralphy,

The new make file works fine, thanks. I never did set -D__BIG_ENDIAN__
myself, but it still seemed to build and function fine (until my OS
upgrade, of course).

As for the sound issue, i'll post a query to other forums. Not sure
that it means anything new, but I tried out the various PortAudio test
apps that are built as part of SqueezePlay, and they have the same
problem as the two squeeze players. My best guess at the moment (please
correct me if this doesn't make sense) is that direct ALSA access is
working fine on my system, but that emulated OSS might be broken - as I
understand it, PortAudio goes through OSS?

Nathaniel

--
pukekawa