Having finally got around to buying an iPhone (the HTC Hero did not come
close) the first thing I downloaded was iPeng. I'd been dying to try it
for ages. I find the controllers' build quite tacky, the interface a bit
eccentric and the scrolling functionality entirely dire (even for short
lists).

I was disappointed that I could just not use iPeng out of the box (as
it were). I didn't expect to need to read a manual. However, once I
understood how the functionality was split between the now playing
screen and the server menu things became more understandable. I'm not
too sure I'll ever be happy with the implementation of playback modes
and very especially (the obscure presentation of) synchronisation. I'm
very much looking forward to the next version.

However, it beats the pants of the Controller if only for two reasons:

1) Speed - it's fast, instant even (I have a 3GS phone if it makes a
difference)
2) Scrolling. It's fast too, exact and very well implemented (although
I guess this is down to Apple). The little letters on the right hand
side of long album and artists list are just spot on and make finding
Van Der Graaf Generator a breeze (so very unlike the Controller)

I will get used to the interface and using it will become second nature
very soon, but there is one thing missing that might make me pick up my
controllers in preference......

Infobrowser. I use this for TV listings, news and keeping up with these
forums (reading at least). Are there any plans to implement it (yeah, I
know....it's a minority request)?

BTW. Search for iPeng on Google and it gives this as the URL:
http://penguinlovesmusic.de/?page_id=3, which throws an error.

I guess this is the wrong thread to advertise controllers for sale
then?

MC

--
ModelCitizen

On average people have fewer than two feet.

Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen