Okay, I got iPeng on my iPhone and I like it - I think?

I use Rhapsody and XM a lot.  I'm finding it difficult to simply pick a
song and play it.  Here's what tends to happen:

1) I click the song and get details, with options to add to library and
such, but no play option

2) I click the song and nothing happens

3) I click the song, and it gets added to the playlist of the current
player, but still doesn't play

4) Sometimes some huge, seemingly random list of songs gets added to my
playlist on the current player

I encounter similar issues with XM.

I'm guessing there's some fundamental thing I'm missing with iPeng,
like a mode of operations or something.  Any help/ideas on what I'm
doing wrong?  Or is iPeng just not well suited to Rhapsody and XM and
other on-line music sources (versus my own MP3/FLAC library)?

Thanks!

--
AbMagFab