rme;451045 Wrote:
> still having significant errors.
>
> I am trying to connect over internet.  I have a dyndns forwarding ip to
> my homeserver.  I have port forwarding on my router to my squeezecenter.
>

> I can see my music from the server fine on squeezemobile, I can see my
> other players fine, but now can't create a squeezemobile player.  tried
> to go to now playing and press play then go to players but still doesn't
> show up.  all my other standard players are showing up however.  tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling SM but to no avail.
>
> Also, previously when this was working, my SM player was showing up but
> any time I connected and tried to play things, it still would only play
> 1-2 seconds then crash.  I can play the stream.mp3 for other players no
> problem like winamp connection, etc.  The reason the SM player sets up
> as a default 320kbs is because that is the default that squeezecenter
> uses on new web clietns.
>
> There are serious problems with this app.  You should probably list it
> as beta on itunes.  It's not ready.  We'll try and help test for you to
> get it going but you shouldn't be charging $4.99 for this now.

What you select as the bitrate is what will be set in your Squeeze
Center.  The bitrate is not in SM at all but on your Squeeze Center.
You are just able to select it from SM.  Make sure you have LAME
support.  Go into your settings, advanced, and look at the file types.
Make sure mp3 is native and make sure it is selected not disabled for
all of your file types.  Your server also should be able to transcode at
the rate you selected or you'll have problems.

--
jtpowell