mvordeme;451779 Wrote:
> Is there any chance you will be able to sort out my problem? Have you
> been able to reproduce the behaviour? Currently, SPC works very
> unreliably for me.
>
> When SqueezeCenter is started, it will always schedule an alarm for one
> minute after it times out. Then I have to switch off the end of day
> action or alarm interaction (or both?) to stop that, but then it will
> not wake up again when I resume playing music. When I am lucky, I then
> manage to get it into a state where it repeats the idle timeout period
> and an idle command forever without scheduling a wake-up call by
> enabling those options once more, so it will actually work, but only
> until the server needs to be booted.
>
> Let me know if you need help with this.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> -- mvordeme
OK, I'm not completely sure I understand the symptoms you are
describing. Can you clarify the following:

You are using SC 7.3.3 as stated in your sig?

When you say SrvrPowerCtrl "always schedule an alarm for one minute
after it times out" are you, in fact, referring to "scheduling a
wake-up"?  Or do you actually mean that SrvrPowerCtrl is somehow
creating *alarms*?

If you do meant *wake-ups*, have you verified that SrvrPowerCtrl is
actually scheduling these wake-ups by checking the SCPowerTool.log?
(It's entirely possible that something else is waking up the server.)

When you say "it will not wake up again when I resume playing music" do
you mean that the server fails to wake-on-lan?

--
gharris999