And in the same testing repository there is now also two plugins that
enhances Information Screen with more template screens.

MAIL PLUGIN
=============
Indicate on the Touch, Radio or Controller when you have new mails in
your mail box. It does this through the Information Screen screen
saver.

It should support POP3 and IMAP out of the box, if you like to use the
SSL protocols you will need to install the Net::SSLeay module manually.

MYTHTV PLUGIN (REQUIRES A MYTHTV BACKEND SERVER)
Plugin that will be able to indicate on Touch, Radio or Controller
what's currently recording and what's about to be recorded in your
MythTV media server.

You will need the ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt and ~/.mythtv/config.xml files
from your MythTV server if you run Squeezebox Server on a separate
machine or as a separate user.

You will need to setup the beta testing repository mentioned in the
initial post in this thread to download and install these plugins into
your Squeezebox Server 7.4.

The plan is to enhance both these plugins so they also offer some
browse menus to browse your mailbox or to browse TV guide and schedule
recordings in MythTV. Currently I don't know when and if I'll get the
time to do this, but it's still my plan.

Some screenshots of the Mail plugin follows below.

|Filename: mailnotification.png                                     |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8062|

erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))