Something has changed in Squeezebox Server 7.4/trunk recently that breaks the
ability to rate tracks for me from a SB3 IR Remote.

Well, actually that's not quite correct - I can rate tracks, but pressing and
holding a number button is now also replacing the playlist with Favorite items
assigned to those hotkeys.

i.e. If I try to rate something 3*, I press and hold 3 down from the now
playing screen, and it rates the track.  Then if I press anything else (eg.
down-arrow), it will play my favorite assigned to numeric key 3.

I can't even find a way to assign/unassign these hotkeys as a temporary
workaround.  I am sure I used to do it by editing favorites in the WebUI
default skin, but there's nothing there anymore :-(