>Now that I've just lost my playlist for the second time... Did you
>figure out any workaround for this?

Yes... I think so!

I added the following to my custom IR map:

0.hold_release                  = dead
1.hold_release                  = dead
2.hold_release                  = dead
3.hold_release                  = dead
4.hold_release                  = dead
5.hold_release                  = dead

Now, when I try to rate tracks on the Now Playing playlist, it doesn't
subsequently cause a preset to play.

However, I had a weird effect the other day when I was trying to set a rating
of 4 on the 3rd track in the current playlist.  It appeared that pressing and
holding 4 was changing to track number 4 and then rating that track as 4*.

i.e. I think there is something else that is using numeric key events to jump
to a place in the current playlist, and this may be interfering with trackstat
rating (numeric key hold events).

I haven't seen this effect happen again yet though.