bpa;458331 Wrote:
> The older players (SB2,SB3, Transporter, Boom) can play WMA and MP3
> native streams. The new players SB Radio, Touch can also play AAC/AAC+
> streams.
>
> The Flash based streams have an extra wrapper which currently requires
> BBCiPlayer to unwrap it and deliver the AAC or MP3 which can be played
> natively.
>
> My current understanding - I am outside the UK so please correct.
>
> UK LISTENERS.
>
> Live National radio - WMA, RealAudio with normal URLs.
> Regional Radio (Scotland, Foyle. Cymru etc) - RealAudio but will also
> be available in Flash/AAC
> There are also MP3 streams but need BBciPlayer to play.
> There is also Flash/AAC - again needs BBCiPlayer to play.
>
> Listen Again - Realaudio and Flash/AAC and I think Flash/MP3
>
> Local radio live Realaudio but soon in Flash/AAC.
> Local radio Listen Again - only Flash/AAC
>
> NON UK LISTENERS.
>
> All speeds are 48kbps and so all AAC streams use AAC+.
>
> Live National streams - RealAudio, WMA and Flash/AAC which needs
> BBCiPlayer.
> Listen Again - RealAudio and Flash/AAC.
>
> Local radio live Realaudio but soon in Flash/AAC.
> Local radio Listen Again - only Flash/AAC
>

> Tp play RealAudio streams - all player must use the AlienBBC plugin.

So being UK based I should be able to get all my BBC content using the
iPlayer plugin right? Thoughsince I'm streaming to a SB3 then
transcoding still need to be done from AAC as it always did from
RealAudio. But then there's mp3 right? That should play natively, but
how would I choose this over the AAC streams an is it the same quality?

Still a bit confused.

--
rickwookie