>> Took me a while to find the applet settings.
>Where did you expect to find them ?
I don't know ;-)

I'm used to looking for plugin settings within Extras on classic players.  The
Extras menu can be enabled, but it's not displayed by default, so I guess that
would be a bad place to put it now.  If Applets were to be controlled through
Apps Gallery, perhaps I'd expect to see the settings in My Apps.

>> Is there a way to configure a home address, so the world is centred
>> around me?
>>
>I'd love that but unfortunately the images from www.die.net can't be
>controlled that way.
>
>I think it would be possible to implement so you can select to only
>show a region of the map instead of showing the whole earth in the
>rectangular map projections, for example configure it to only show
>europe. Would that be better ?
That would be another nice projection option to have.

>Or are you talking about the sphere projections ?

I was thinking that in Sphere projection, it would be nice for an image where
GMT0 was shown, and the light/dark shade moved.  Not to worry.

>> It would be nice to be able to show current/future weather data on the
>> screen too.
>>
>I know, there are a lot of things I'd like to show too but I feel it's
>a good idea to avoid the situation where I have to implement everything
>myself. So at the moment I think it will be limited to showing time/date
>and what's currently playing and maps from www.die.net

What if an existing plugin, such as WeatherTime, could provide data as Now
Playing format items.  Could your plugin display a text time string that comes
from another source like that (i.e. you don't have to fetch the data from a
weather provider yourself).

Another thing that would be good is a way to start the screensaver manually -
i.e. useful when changing settings, rather than wait for screensaver to start.