Thanks for that information. On the plugins page (of Community) this
plugin is described as working on Windows and Linux, but if one looks at
the page for this specific plugin one learns that it also works on Mac
OS X, which I had not known.

There might be issues relating to use of 'sudo', as I do not run my Mac
as an admin user, but there should be ways round that.

That would get rid of the need for me to use the Execute on Demand
option of the Execute Script plugin, which is what I currently have
trouble with. I still need the other functions of the script, because of
oddities in the way my Mac behaves, so I do hope it will continue to
work in future versions of Squeezebox Server.

--
danco