"stefanta650" Wrote:
> > There's the iPeng App (1.2) and there's the iPeng plugin (0.5x).
> > The App can be bought on the App Store and you don't need to install
> > anything on your NAS. It's a full-blown iPhone App.
> >
> > The plugin is free and can be installed from SC 7.3's Extension
> > downloader (Settings->Advanced->Extension Downloader).
> > It's not a full app but a web-skin that will run in you iPod's browser
> > just like the normal SqueezeCenter web ui, just optimized for iPhone.
> > It has similar functionality but is much slower and less convenient
> > than the App.
> >
> > There are indeed manuals for both on penguinlovesmusic.com> >
>
> Okay, I when I want to use an iTouch (which I still have to buy...)
> as the remote control for my squeezebox I just need the iPeng App from
> the Store an install it on the iTouch... Okay. I guess there are
> documentations how to do so... But what is the PlugIn for? Or does it
> just bring my SqueezCenter GUI to the ITouch in an optimized way? By
> the way: where can I buy iPeng? I searched the store
> (http://store.apple.com/uk/) but didn't found iPeng. Or can I just
> load (and buy) it directly when searching via iTouch???
> And from your experience: how many GB is needed for the iTouch? An
> 8GB should work fine, shouldn't it???
>
> Thanks again from a Newbie :)
The plugin is older. And free. Most people prefer the App.

You can download the app directly from the device, using the App Store
app. The App Store is not the Apple Store, it's part of the iTunes
store. Search iTunes for iPeng and you'll find it.
There's also a link on the penguinlovesmusic start screen.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com