stefanta650;477188 Wrote:
> Hmmm, getting a bit confused now... When I listen to music my PC will be
> turned off as my music is stored on my NAS... I think the iTouch
> connects to my NAS via SqueezCenter respectively the iPengPlugin... And
> the control of the squeezbox has nothing to do with iTunes... Or am I
> wrong???

No, you are right.
The control of the Squeezebox has nothing to do with iTunes and you
don't need iTunes for that.
But an iPod is an iPod, it's a music player, you can load music onto it
using iTunes :-)
Plus, Apple uses iTunes for the configuration of the device and for
software upgrades.
You might be able to just run the device and use it with apps without
iTunes (yet I'm not even 100% sure about that - I don't know whether you
can configure your iTunes account, don't have a device I can factory
reset around to try it) but as soon as you want to upload anything other
but Apps or music purchased through iTunes onto your device, you need
iTunes.

--
pippin

---