Update: I have found that the AAC problem also occurs on iplayer "listen
live" (I had confused myself because my favourites contained the WMA
address for the live radio stations).

** Only AAC has problems, MP3 & WMA streams are fine.
** From the HTML interface, pressing Pause on a hanging AAC stream
kicks it into life. Subsequent pauses and plays work fine
** During the hang the same error is being logged hundreds of times per
second (which is probably why the CPU utilisation is so high).

Does anyone else have this problem or is it something to do with my
config?

--
samk