AbMagFab;488797 Wrote:
> Any idea how much a Sirius internet-only subscription is?  I have XM,
> but I'm really going nuts not having it from my radios.  That's 50% of
> why I purchased this system.
>
> Why Logitech/Squeezebox only supports Sirius natively, and not XM, is
> beyond me.  But it appears we'll get regular updates from them, versus
> relying on the overworked and underpaid volunteer commmunity.
>
> I think it's great that people are willing to do this, but somehow I
> don't think this will be the last time something like this happens, and
> we'd probably be in a better position using something officially
> supported with the boxes, right?
>
> Any thoughts?

My thoughts...
1. XM and Sirius are not fully merged yet. I am on the phone with XM
customer care right now (I have two cars with XM installed) and they
cannot assist with anything Sirius related.
2. Sirius online for existing Sirius subscribers is the same as XM,
2.99 a month... not sure what it is for internet only, or if they will
give the discounted rate to an XM subscriber.
3. As far as why Logitech supports Sirius and not XM... my best guess
is that since eventually XM will probably "go away" as a result of the
merger, they do not want to invest time and development resources in a
platform that has a limited shelf life. I am sure that we can argue that
this is a shortsighted view and forces longtime SB/XM users to either
live with less "reliable" plugins (no offense to the volunteers who do
this hard work on their own time and dime) or either go with Sirius or
look hard at what other options there are other than SB. Personally I
have cars with XM installed in stereo so it is harder for me to switch
to Sirius. If I had add-on equipment or portable players it would be
easier.

--
dcdivenut