bephillips;491357 Wrote:
> Hi Pippin. Great job on the recent versions of iPeng. I just filed a
> feature request, #187, for the ability to change the generic cover art
> image. I have changed cover.png in the Server HTML which changes the
> generic cover art in the browser interface (and this change was picked
> up by an earlier version of iPeng.) Perhaps just an option to use the
> server cover.png instead of the generic cover art image used by iPeng.
>
> Thanks again for all your efforts. I recommend iPeng to everyone with
> iPhone/iPod and Squeezebox.

Yes, I've seen that. As long as you don't plan to use the image from
your avatar or you don't hold my liable for any incidents of epilepsy
around you this may be a feature :)
But I'll have to check the logic I'm using. The way iPeng uses this now
is that it tries to find an artwork and if it doesn't, it shows a
preloaded image that it doesn't have to load from the server.
The issue with the default image on the server is, that
a) the old one was ugly (I like the current one).
b) the server doesn't always send the same one but it sends the same
image under different IDs, making the client load it over and over again
which I don't want to do, costs some bandwidth and power. May become
better in 7.5 embedded, though, I'll have a look at it.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com