Hi there

It is a long time since I did this, but I also had enormous trouble
getting Mac::AppleScript::Glue to install.

In the end I think I got it to work by logging in as the 'root' user in
OS X (just being an administrator user did not seem to be enough).  I
think you also need to install the 'developer tools' from the OS X disc
(or at least you did, not sure if this is still necessary).

If you search these forums for 'whaleoil root' you will find three
threads which discuss this issue at some length (in particular one
called 'iTunesUpdate on Tiger(Intel)')- many people have had this
problem it seems and different things seem to have worked for different
people.

Hope this helps.

WhaleOil

--