WhaleOil;491814 Wrote:
> Hi there
>
> It is a long time since I did this, but I also had enormous trouble
> getting Mac::AppleScript::Glue to install.
>
> In the end I think I got it to work by logging in as the 'root' user in
> OS X (just being an administrator user did not seem to be enough).  I
> think you also need to install the 'developer tools' from the OS X disc
> (or at least you did, not sure if this is still necessary).
>
> If you search these forums for 'whaleoil root' you will find three
> threads which discuss this issue at some length (in particular one
> called 'iTunesUpdate on Tiger(Intel)')- many people have had this
> problem it seems and different things seem to have worked for different
> people.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> WhaleOil

found the threads, deleted the config files as suggested, logged in as
root, went through the installs, and got the same error, basically, it
fails at "make."  since i don't know what "make" is, or how to install
it, i'm not sure what to do at this point.

fyi, i have installed the dev tools.

--
netchord