I'm confused. I just want a PC to act as a "Squeezebox" - I would like
to test Ipeng (iPhone) in real life before I buy a SB Touch after New
Year - have no hardware Squeexebox yet.

And then .... Squeeze Desktop ?....Softsqueeze ? ....Squeezeplay ?.....
Squeezeserver ?..... Squeezeslave? Confused! Have been through a lot of
wiki reading.....but still confused. Everything has changed its
name....

1. Is it a MUST to have a HARDWARE squeezebox to use mysqueezebox.com
interface ?

(Now I got music playing with Server and Slave, but....)

I would like to use a nice fully working software version which I
remember from Softsqueeze, that looked like a Squeezebox 3 on my PC
screen or a fully working software version of Squeeebox Touch.

2. How do I get that?

I can also accept a nice and stylish user friendly web interface, but
do I need to open both the Squeezeslave and the Squeezeserver? I do not
like the slave and would like to go without it.

Internet radio feature is a must !

3. Is Squeezeslave the only opportunity, if I want to use my PC as
"Squeezebox"?

I often need to restart Squeezeslave-pastable.exe to get the music
through. Have also tried with Squeezeslave.exe - "works" too -
squeezeslae-asio.exe? - not - Why are there 3 - what should I use?

4. What am I doing wrong ?

I miss a ALL IN ONE aplication or webpage - want an easy, simple, user
friendly, nice n00b software solution to test with iPeng on my Iphone ?
- not a geeky command line....

5. Is the "vortexbox-0.9.iso" working out of the box or do I need to
use Squeezeslave here as well - will a vortexbox-0.9.iso solve all my
issues ? - or is the the vortex software more a dedicated hardware
solution - and not a program I can run and quit on my "all purpose"
laptop ?

Dont get my wrong - a love every word that begins with Squeeze......:-)
- but is confused......:-)

Thanks a lot.

"GO SQUEEZE THAT BOX!"

--