Daverz;497944 Wrote:
> Apologies if this is covered somewhere among the 136 pages in this
> thread.
>
> I'm using iPeng with CustomBrowse and having a problem with playing
> files.  Once I get down to a level in the menus with a "Play All" entry,
> clicking on this brings up another page (OK, I'd rather it would just
> "Play All" as advertised) with "Add to End", "Play" and "Play Next".
> "Play" does nothing.  The only way I can play the files is to click "Add
> to End", then page to the playlist, choose the first file in the group
> of files I want to play, then click play.  So to play my files I have to
> go through 5 steps (6, actually: with the controller I can click the
> play button one menu level above the one with the "Play All" entry and
> it does the right thing.)  There has got to be a better way.
>
> I have "Play Single Tracks" off in iPeng settings, and in my Squeezebox
> settings...well, I don't know, because I'm currently stuck in the iPeng
> web skin and can't figure out how to get to the Squeezebox settings.

First:
This is all about the web skin or the App? I assume the App from the
questions.
Second: Which server version do you use and are you sure you are using
the latest version of Custom Browse?

- Settings in the Web skin: Go to Extras->Server Settings and select
"Interface".

- A general remark on iPeng usability: Please re-play the animation
about context menus. It's under "Help->Quick Tutorials->Context Menus".
You CAN play an album etc from the level above. For an Album, you can
also do that by just clicking the cover. Even in Custom Browse.
Also, please replay "Help->Quick Tutorials->Albums/Playlists". You
don't have to use "Play All" to play all tracks, you can just select the
track to play from and iPeng will always play the whole Album. At least
that's the case in iPeng 1.2.1 and the most recent Custom Browse
version.

The "normal" "Play All" item doesn't seem to work, indeed, I'll have to
investigate why that is, but since Erland doesn't maintain CustomBrowse
anymore it's probably going to stay that way unless I find some bug in
the way iPeng is handling this.
Could you file a ticket:
https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/

--