> Make sure no player is synced.

And there lies the key...

I have the SB3 synced with SS (for reasons to convoluted to explain)
and when I disable syncing, the SB3 works normally with iPlayer.
SoftSqueeze (SS), however, still will not connect to an iPlayer stream —
and this is after it worked normally for a long time.

That said, an upgrade from SS 3.7 to 3.8 appears to have fixed the
problem and iPlayer streams are playing normally on both SB3 and SS,
even when they're synced. So, problem solved — though I've no idea how.
Could a recent SqueezeBox Server or iPlayer update have introduced an
incompatibility..?

Thanks for the pointer that lead to the fix, bpa!

--
Adlopa