I ran some tests with BBCiPlayer playing live streams with an SB3 and
Softsqueeze 3.9b1 on an SBS 7.5 Ubuntu system (both SBS and SS on
Unbuntu) .  Audio synced very well and no crashes.  It is possible that
the BBC stream which is 48k may be slightly different but since the
stream gets transcoded into Flac

So I think the problem may be SBS config, Windows, or system related.
- When playing BBCiPlayer streams is it using AAC format and if so have
you altered the standard AAC filetypes setting ?
- What speed of processor and memory is your SBS server ?
- What version of Java have you installed ?
- Is your SBS wired or wireless to internet ?
- What are the Audio settings of your Softsqueeze ?
- Do you have a special audio card in your PC or is it standard
on-board ?

--
bpa