Hi all.

Yesterday I upgraded from Ubuntu Jaunty to Karmic to try to fix some
CIFS sharing issues I have and came across a problem with MySQL 5.0 v
5.1 and Squeezecenter 7.3.x. So, I upgraded Squeezeboxcenter to the
current release in the "testing" repository (7.4.2, I think).

I see that some changes have been made and AlienBBC is no longer the
favoured plugin for BBC iPlayer / Live Radio.

(The whole reason I own 2 Squeezebox Booms is to easily listen to BBC
Radio 4 in Amsterdam)

So, I now have BBCiPlayer configured and working. Radio1, 2, 3 and
Fivelive play absolutely fine.

Radio4 just says "connecting".

Questions:

- Is BBCiPlayer a viable choice for a non-UK resident to listen to the
live BBC streams?
- Should I downgrade Squeezecenter (and therefore MySQL) so I can use
AlienBBC again (where I had no issue).
- Does anyone else use BBCiPlayer from a non-UK location without
issues?

It could be that the BBC are having technical problems with the R4
stream and I should just try again later...

Anyway, any insight would be welcome!!

Cheers

SM

--