mrMuppet;508892 Wrote:
> ok... thank you... reinstalling fixed it.
>
> I would like to start designing some new screens. Can you tell me which
> files i have to edit? Do you have a list of the parameters that can be
> used? Are there any customized screens already?

Try looking at Information Screen settings in SBS Settings page. Select
"Manage Screen" and select to create a new screen.

There are a number of templates available, if you after you have
selected a new screen select the "Customize configuration" option at the
bottom, you get to see the raw XML. You can step back with the back
button in the web browser, change some option and click Next to see the
difference in the XML.

There is a separate "Mail" and "MythTV" plugin in my test repository
which contains some extra templates. See bottom link on this page:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeCenter_Repositories

You create and edit the screens through the Information Screen settings
page in the SBS web interface.

The basic principles of the XML are:
- skin: One of "getClockStyles" or "getStandardStyles"

- style: One of the following values if skin="getStandardStyles":
-- InformationScreenThreeLineText: Three lines of text
-- InformationScreenThreeLineTextBlack: Three lines of text black
background
-- InformationScreenOriginalImage: Full screen image without zooming
-- InformationScreenOriginalImageBlack: Full screen image without
zooming, black background
-- InformationScreenImage: Resized full screen image
-- InformationScreenImageBlack: Resized full screen image, black
background
-- InformationScreenTwoImages: Resized two images
-- InformationScreenTwoImagesBlack: Resized two images, black
background
-- InformationScreenSixImages: Resized six images
-- InformationScreenSixImagesBlack: Resized six images, black
background

- style: One of the following values if skin="getClockStyles":
-- InformationScreenClock: Big clock
-- InformationScreenClockBlack: Big clock, black background
-- InformationScreenClockAndNowPlaying: Big clock with now playing
info
-- InformationScreenClockAndNowPlayingBlack: Big clock with now playing
info

- style: Can also be one of the standard styles registered by other
applets, for example "nowplaying" which is used by the Now Playing
screen

- preprocessing: Indicates that some preprocessing on the server should
happen, possible values are:
-- function: Calls a perl function in a plugin
-- keyword: A title format keyword
-- datetime: Current date/time
-- artwork: Artwork of currently playing track

- preprocessingData: Arguments used for extra data, depends on
"preprocessing" element

- item: A new item that should be shown on the screen
- type: Type of item, can be one of:
-- simplemenu: A menu
-- label: A text
-- text: Text, don't remember what differs it from "label"
-- slider: A slider
-- defaultleftbutton: Left navigation button
-- defaultrightbutton: Right navigation button
-- button: Button
-- icon: An icon/image
-- group: A group of other "item"
-- menuitem: A menu item in "simplemenu"

Unfortunately there isn't much documentation available, hopefully I get
some time to improve it in the future. For now, I think the best way is
to look at the XML of the different templates. The Now Playing template
is a pretty advanced one. I suspect it might be a bit hard if you like
to do a screen that's totally different than any of the templates
available.

Also note that different "style" value requires different structure of
"item" elements.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))