stevekdavis;508880 Wrote:
> I have exactly the same errors logged. DNS is fine, I can access this
> URL from within IE or firefox. Latest version of SDT from the
> repository. Same as everyone else, stopped last week, works fine for
> first update following service resart and then fails with the updating *
> on the display all the time.
>
> [10-01-21 13:36:47.2487]
> Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::gotErrorViaHTTP (5598) error getting
> http://www.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1028
> [10-01-21 13:36:47.2497]
> Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::gotErrorViaHTTP (5599) Timed out waiting
> for data
> [10-01-21 13:58:01.0617]
> Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::gotErrorViaHTTP (5598) error getting
> http://www.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1028
> [10-01-21 13:58:01.0628]
> Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::gotErrorViaHTTP (5599) Timed out waiting
> for data
> [10-01-21 13:58:09.6922]
> Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::gotErrorViaHTTP (5598) error getting
> http://www.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1028
> [10-01-21 13:58:09.6928]
> Plugins::SuperDateTime::Plugin::gotErrorViaHTTP (5599) Timed out waiting
> for data
>
> Steve

Hey Steve-

Does the '*' in the corner eventually become a '?'?  Do any requests
make it through without timing out?  If you push the '+' remote button
does it refresh okay?

I'm surprised by the number of connectivity-related issues people are
posting about.  The only thing that has changed in SDT is parsing logic,
not networking.  Things are failing before the plugin even has a chance
to parse.  It seems to me like weather.com's new site isn't very stable
which is throwing off the plugin.

I haven't been seeing these issues on my side, but it does seem like
people overseas are more impacted.

-Greg

--
GoCubs