GoCubs;509098 Wrote:
> Hey Whitman-
> I haven't been following the anti 7.4 movement, in summary what's the
> issue with it?
> Regarding 7.3, has anyone tried running it on 7.4 (you'll have to
> install it manually instead of using the repo).  Perhaps it'll work, if
> not has anyone tried copy/pasting the 7.4 gotWeather Perl sub from
> plugin.pm to 5.8.7?  That should work.
> I'm sorry to say, but supporting an additional build is not appealing.
> I am not a software company with unlimited time and resources.  To have
> a full fledged build I'd also have to go backport all of the other fixes
> that have occurred past 5.8.7 or I'm certain there'd be emails and forum
> posts to that regard.
> I do not have a 7.3 installation to test things with, if someone is
> willing to test a build out for me we can try that route.  Basically
> I'll do the copy/pasting suggested above and you'll need to manually
> install the copy and let me know how it goes.  If it looks good I can
> package it up.-Greg

Greg, thanks for replying. As far as 7.4 goes, it's more of an
ain't-broke-don't-fix-it thing on my part, sticking to 7.3.3 mainly
because I've seen lots of people moaning after they moved.

I'm not technical at all, but I'd be happy to test a build if you'd be
kind enough to make one.

I really appreciate your efforts on this.

--
whitman