rbz5416;510589 Wrote:
> I'm currently running the latest beta SvrPowerCtrl on 7.4.2 under XP.
> Just running a backup using MS SyncToy & SvrPowerCtrl is suspending the
> server while SyncToy is still copying files.
>
> Obviously this is unwanted behaviour.
SrvrPowerCtrl is not a whole-scale replacement for your system's power
management facilities.  SrvrPowerCtrl doesn't know (or try to know)
anything about other processes running on your server.  It really was
designed to perform power management tasks on a dedicated, stand-alone
SBS server.

SrvrPowerCtrl does include facilities so that you can temporarily block
it's power savings actions.  You can block these actions before you
start a "job" that shouldn't be interrupted by using the [srvrpowerctrl
setblock blockmsg viacli] cli command or by creating the file
c:\windows\temp\spc-block.  You can incorporate these commands into a
batch file that launches your sync job and then clears the block once
the job has completed.  These mechanisms are documented in the
SrvrPowerCtrl readme.txt file.

Also, with the latest beta code, look in the
InstalledPlugins\Plugins\SrvrPowerCtrl\scripts\Windows folder for
example batch files for setting and clearing blocks.

--
gharris999