pippin;512009 Wrote:
> As caching is done now, this would be very, very hard to do, first of
> all because with CB you don't even know upfront what kind of menus will
> be there.
>
> I plan to rework caching for 1.4 (and probably iPad) and made some
> suggestions to Erland on how to complement CB with that. Maybe there's a
> chance for this now that he's got back his motivation about the SB
> platform :)

Thanks. Sounds promising. I meant an option to just cache everything
downloaded by CB and reuse it if the same menu is invoked again. That
way it should not matter if the menu disappears (the cache is then just
redundant) or if another menu appears. If you could work out something
with Erland to distinguish between static and dynamic menus, that would
be even better! I have filed a ticket for this.

And while I was at it I also filed this ticket: Add an option to sort
the More menu, just like playlists can be sorted. If a new menu item is
added to the More menu, put that item last and let the user put it in
place using the sort option.

Do you know if it is possible to use CustomBrowse to supplement/alter
the context artist, album and track menus in iPeng?

--
vagskal

2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wireless), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng
on iPod Touch, muso on remote computer running Win XP | 7.4.2 on Win XP