Are you able to even get to the interface so you can go into the
preferences and change the sound card driver you want to use?  If yes,
then change the sound card to something else that works.

If no, (which is what I'm guessing is what's happening) you may have to
go into the registry and manually change the sound card (softsqueeze
mixer) used.  The name in quotes will be the same name you see for your
audio devices under control panel; except you need a "/" symbol
preceeding each work such as:

"audio.mixer"="/Speakers (/Realtek /High /Definition /Audio)"
"audio.mixer"="/Speakers (/Creative /S/B /X-/Fi)"
"audio.mixer"="/Speakers (/Bluetooth /Stereo /Audio)"
"audio.mixer"="/Primary /Sound /Driver"

Located under here:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org\titmuss\softsqueeze]

I hope this helps a little.

-MKANET

--
mkanet