erland;520023 Wrote:
> Also, regarding clock hand/pointer images, it's good if they are made so
> the point which the hand should rotate around is in the center of the
> image because currently I just rotate the image around its center.
ok, I agree without any doubt.

erland;520023 Wrote:
> The style can place the hand image anywhere on the screen,
Mmmmhhhh, I'm not sure about this; if I remember well, there is no way
to specify coordinates for the hand image, just the url of the image
itself.

erland;520023 Wrote:
> but it's always rotated around its center.
Thinking at a layered clock, with one layer for the face and one for a
hand, there is no other way than putting both in the center to have it
to work. In fact, if the hand image doesn't pass through the screen
center, the effect will be of an errating hand through the screen,
instead of a rotating hand.

So, now I'm thinking that my style with the tag heuer ("cassetta") will
never work. I have to redraw it with the watch in the center.

erland;520023 Wrote:
> So typically the hand image should be a smaller than the complete
> screen.
Unless you're concerned for performance, I can't see why...

erland;520023 Wrote:
> I saw that the "hand" images you posted yesterday seemed to be a image
> that covered the whole screen
yes, it is

erland;520023 Wrote:
> which result in that the hand wasn't centered on the image.
It is centered. Actually sizing the image as the entire screen is the
only way to be sure it's centered. Even because if you look at the
second's hand for example, it doesn't starts from the screen center, but
has a "tail" beyond it. So determining an exact square, smaller than
screen size, that has its center on the hand's rotation point, is a
little more complicated.
Anyway, if there are performance issues, I'll do that.
By the way, yesterday evening I configured the style and it's perfectly
working.

Or perhaps... are you talking about the barso clock or the Tag Heuer in
"Cassette"?

erland;520023 Wrote:
> I might possibly add functionality so you can specify the rotation point
> in the style some time in the future, especially if we get performance
> problem rotating large images. However, at the moment I'll just rotate
> them around the image center point.
This would be great: would open another big bunch of possibilities.
We need two couple of coordinates (rotation point on the screen and
rotation point of the image), unless you presuppose that the hand's
image is always a square that rotates around its center.

Let me know...  ;)

--
Rikk