tcutting;521564 Wrote:
> What would be great would be a way to "compile" a screensaver and have
> it completely downloaded to the player.  What I mean by that is to have
> a way to "save" the screensaver to the Radio, for example, where all the
> graphic elements would get saved to the Radio with all the file pointers
> automatically setup correctly.

I can see two ways to do this:
1. Let it work as it does today but make it possible to select to store
the downloaded images permanently on the Radio so they don't need to be
downloaded next time unless you do a firmware upgrade.
2. Make it possible to package a style as a zip file that contains both
the setting and all the images.

I wonder which is best ?

Alternative 1 is definitely easier to implement but it requires the
style provider to post the images somewhere where everyone can reach
them.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))