flemming;520379 Wrote:
> Sorry for being unresponsive these days, but life has changed a little
> in the past couple months.  First I found out that my wife and I are
> expecting our first child.
> Robert

Congratulations Robert

flemming;520379 Wrote:
> and then while in the process of doing some baby preparation around the
> house, I nearly cut off two fingers of my left hand with a table saw.
> So as you can imagine working on this has taken a bit of a backseat :)
> Robert

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your hand.

flemming;520379 Wrote:
> Fortunately for you, and unfortunately for me I decided to update my
> machine today to the latest Ubuntu version which resulted in me being
> forced to upgrade to SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2  It turns out that I'm now
> seeing a somewhat similar problem as ibgregr with my Squeezebox Boom,
> while both of my Squeezebox Receivers are working fine.  Following the
> code, I don't see why this is the case yet, but I have a hack that fixes
> it in the meantime.  I'll dig deeper, but if you're impatient you'll
> want to find and edit the file Slim/Player/Squeezebox2.pm file in your
> installation.  Look around line 591 for the following:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> and comment it out as follows:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > #     } elsif ($body || Slim::Music::Info::isList($url)) {
  > #
  > #       main::INFOLOG && $directlog->info("Direct stream is list, get body
to explode");
  > #
  > #       $client->directBody(undef);
  > #
  > #       # we've got a playlist in all likelyhood, have the player send it
to us
  > #       $client->sendFrame('body', \(pack('N', $length)));

--------------------

> Restart the server and that may "fix" it.  It worked for me, but why
> exactly is still a mystery.  I'm not seeing why the code paths diverge
> for the two different players when they are supplied the exactly same
> stream URL.  Ultimately the problem could be in the server code, I'm
> not sure.  Specifically it's the Slim::Music::Info::isList($url) bit
> the is returning true for the Boom, but false for the Receivers.  I
> purposely am using the abstracted OPML libraries so that I don't need
> to deal with the lower level player and UI specific code.  If you're
> comfortable giving the above a shot, let me know how it goes.  If not
> I'll try and work on this a bit more, but typing is pretty difficult
> since my hand is still bandaged up at the moment.
>
> Robert

I managed to comment out the lines, and it works perfect with the
latest SBS 7.4.2. Will we have to do this every time there is a new
release of the server?
My wife is now happy that she can listen to E Street Radio from our
Transporter.
Thank you Robert. I hope your hand is better.
John

--
papajohn