I just want to say that erland's plugins make my squeezebox life so much
better so thanks a lot for the work you do.  I'm having an issue with
Play Count/Rating/LTP being not updated for certain tracks and I think
it has to do with special characters such as &.  There was another
thread on this but as that one focus on Linux machines and I'm on a Mac
I decided to start another.

I use iTunes Update to update my iTunes library from SC, then use
CustomScan to bring data back into SC.  My iTunes stats and SC stats
should match each other exactly after a rescan, which happens nightly.
I played a Dynamic playlist of Never Played Songs and the playcounts are
all 1 after being played in SC but many songs have play counts of 2 or 3
in iTunes.  So far all of these songs have an "&" or ":" or some other
special character somewhere in the filename, either artist or album or
title.  I've attached shots of TrackStat and iTunes showing the
offending songs and stats.

Some songs with "&" work fine, when I use TrackStat to view by Most
Played, the data matches fine with iTunes for songs that contain "&",
etc.  So I'm a bit confused as some play counts are not being imported.

I've had trouble with special characters before in 7.4.x so I'm still
running 7.3.4.

Here's my system info -
Version: 7.3.4 - 28402 @ Tue Sep 22 03:01:23 PDT 2009
Hostname: tad-hewits-imac.local
Server IP Address: 192.168.2.8
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540) - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64
Perl Version: 5.10.0 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-standard
Total Players Recognized: 1

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy the music!

|Filename: it1.jpg                                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9418|

discgo