> Is 2.0.6 incompatible with *SqueezeCenter 7.3.4* ?

No.  2.0.6 is the same as 2.05b4 except it remove the use of a library
modules and includes the code.  This was because some NAS installations
didn't have the library module.

I suspect some sort of plugin install cache issue. Stop SBS, delete
Cache/DownloadedPlugins/ in case there are files stuck there and also
delete Cache/plugin-data.yaml and then restart SBS.

> and with communitysoftsqueeze -the java works but pref pages end in 404
> not found while here indeed)

I don't understand what you mean by *"but pref pages end in 404 not
found while here indeed"* but there are no prefs for
communitysoftsuqeeze plugin so 404 is correct response.

--
bpa