OK thanks for the reply. I have changed the permissions on my whole
music tree and now direct downloading to the folders works.

Now I sometimes get the problem that I get told that "No song playing.
Cannot search for cover art."

This occurs after I click on an album, then a track name, a correct
cover comes up, I click save then get the above message.

Also may I say it seems odd that you have to choose a song before you
get the option to search for art. Surely this is more in the 'album'
context than the 'song' context.

There may be good reasons for your interface choice though :)

--
nickrout